Smoke Alarms Not Working In Fatal Condo Fire (IL)

Bloomington-Normal residents were reminded Monday to check their smoke detectors after authorities released the cause of a fatal condo fire in Normal.  Diana McLaren-Osburne, 68, was killed in the fire Aug. 6 at her condo at 1538 Hunt Drive in Normal. The fire “was likely caused by open flame ignition of combustible materials in the area of the stove top,” Normal fire officials said in a statement Monday. The fire spread to the cabinets and eventually through to the roof.    Read the article……………..


Related Articles

Fire destroys 2 Nashville condos, leaves at least 3 families homeless (TN)

A fast-moving fire swept through two condos Sunday night in the southwestern part of the city near the Brentwood line,

Condo residents bonding over charity (WA)

First Hill Plaza Committee hopes to be model for neighboring buildings to support area homeless – See more at: http://www.capitolhilltimes.com/Content/News/Homepage-Rotating-Articles/Article/Condo-residents-bonding-over-charity/26/538/4514#sthash.iTDKVtDz.dpuf

Highlands Ranch resident crusading against HOA transfer fees (CO)

You are about to sell your house in a local planned community. All the paperwork is ready. You notice a