Balcony fire at downtown condo building sparked by discarded cigarette

Capt. Michael Westwood told CP24 that crews contained the blaze shortly after they arrived at the scene.  Westwood said no one was injured as a result, but that the property suffered some damage.  Toronto Fire later confirmed that the fire was sparked by a cigarette discarded from a balcony above the site of the blaze.  In all of 2016, Toronto Fire reported 25 fires caused by tossed cigarettes.    Read the article………….


Related Articles

Woman rescued from condo fire in San Francisco (CA)

San Francisco firefighters rescued a woman found inside of a burning condominium this morning. The fire was reported by residents

Fire destroys 1 condo and damages 3 others, 9 people displaced (LA)

Authorities said nine people are looking for a new place to stay after a condo fire late Friday night.   The

Condo Culture: Owners obliged to ensure safety of dryers

Q. Does the condo board have the authority to force owners to have their dryers inspected? Our dryer vents have