Cigarette blamed for Southie (MA) condo fire that forced out 20 people

“Careless disposal” of a cigarette caused an early morning rooftop fire that displaced about 20 people at a condominium complex in South Boston, a city fire official said.  The two-alarm fire that broke out on West 6th Street about 1:25 a.m. caused $250,000 in damage. When firefighters arrived on scene, they encountered flames shooting 20- to 30-feet high, said Steve MacDonald, a spokesman for the Boston Fire Department.     Read the article………


Related Articles

Valle Vista residents concerned about ballot legality (AZ)

A group of residents is concerned about a Valle Vista Property Owner’s Association ballot that has a Friday due date

Park Ridge (IL) residents decry taxes without services

Almost 2,500 Park Ridge residents who live in condominiums or in developments pay property taxes to the city but don’t

Whistle blower: Management firm misused HOA funds (CO)

A complaint filed with the state of Colorado’s real estate regulatory agency alleges that a local property management firm has, since 2012, misused funds intended for homeowners’ association payments