Condo fire causes $16.3-mil in damage

Edmonton Fire Chief Ken Block cautioned citizens about the increasing risk of smoking materials on balconies of large wood-framed, combustible buildings after a condo fire caused $16.3-million in damage. Chief Block said in a press release that the blaze — the city’s second in less than a year caused by improperly disposed of smoking material — was “completely preventable.”      Read the article………..


Related Articles

Little was spared by fire, water and mold in condos close to M’s Pub (NE)

“We lost almost everything,” he said. “The things that were not damaged by water and smoke, they got damaged later on with the mold.”

Fire breaks out at a Waterbury (CT) condominium complex

A fire broke out at a Waterbury condominium complex Tuesday morning.    Read more…….

Condo Smarts: Get legal advice on hotel user fees

Dear Tony: We have an issue of fairness in our strata that is dividing our community.  Our strata is divided