Fire chiefs irked by condo blazes sparked by smokes (AB)

It was springtime when smoke alarms and sirens forced her to leave, and Calgarians will be decorating for Christmas before Andrea Wilkie is allowed to return to her fire-damaged Mission home.  Six months in exile, all because of one careless smoker — in this case, a cigarette-puffing renter who decided a planter pot on a condominium balcony was a sensible place to drop his still-smouldering butt.    Read the article…………


Related Articles

Condo Smarts: Strata cannot claim costs because it did not disclose agreement

Dear Tony: What happens when an owner buys a unit and there is an alteration agreement relating to the balcony

Washing windows may be condo owners’ responsibility

The board has sent an edict that the corporation will be responsible for washing only the inaccessible windows. We owners

Fire in Seattle (WA) condo across from Pike Place Market

A fire broke out Wednesday morning on the sixth floor of a condominium complex across from Pike Place Market.  It