Helpful City Services

Many board members receive homeowner requests for community events, complaints about violations, and questions about trash collection or stray animals. With only a limited budget and limited authority, what are board members to do when these requests go beyond the scope of their power?  Many cities offer services to residents that can complement those the board provides for its membership, so the next time you receive a request that would be difficult to complete, try contacting your city government. The number for requests is usually 3-1-1. Better yet, cities like San Antonio and Houston offer 3-1-1 mobile apps that let homeowners report violations and complaints anonymously and easily from their smartphones. All homeowners need to do is report the kind of violation, give the violation address, and provide a description of the incident or issue.    Read the article……………….

Related Articles

Demystifying Homeowner Associations

Townhomes, condominiums, homes in planned developments, co-op style housing — most of these types of residences are sold along with

Two legal concepts that are misunderstood by many community association members.

A blog reader wrote to me the other day and asked what she could tell a member of her community

Going Green by Design: Committees Saving Money and the Environment

While it is common for buildings or associations of any size to have designated committees in place to help boards