Teen died from carbon monoxide; property association may share blame, court rules (ID)

It’s been more than four years since an 18-year-old Marine died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a Meridian apartment complex — and Idaho courts are still sorting out who, if anyone, is legally liable for the young man’s death……The Forbush family filed a wrongful death lawsuit in 2013 against a number of people and organizations, including the property owners association (similar to a homeowners association in a subdivision) and its then-president John Kalsbeek. All were accused of failing to provide a safe living environment and to adequately warn of danger.     Read the article……………..


Related Articles

Associations have benefits, but can be perplexing for some residents (CA)

Spring Valley Lake Association General Manager Glen Grabiec is equivalent to a city manager inside this quaint, lake-hugging community. SVL

County (FL) using eviction threat to prod Tymber Skan owners

A court-appointed receiver will start issuing eviction notices soon to residents at the troubled Tymber Skan condominium complex.  But the

Opening statements held in trial for HOA scheme’s last defendant (NV)

Federal prosecutors laid out their case Monday against a former Strip showgirl charged with lying to the FBI and a