PhilippinesBack to homepage
Philippines Condo & HOA News
- Camp John Hay loses SEC fight in rush to sell ‘money-back’ condo units December 29, 2016 The Camp John Hay-Fil Estate consortium has lost its case in the Supreme Court against the Securities and Exchange Commission for selling condo units in Baguio under a “money-back” arrangement even without SEC approval. The highest tribunal also overturned Court of Appeals Associate Justices Hakim Abdulwahid, Marlene Gonzales-Sison and Edwin Sorongon for misreading the securities regulation law and stopping the SEC in favor of the financially-troubled developer. Read the article…………
- SC orders to ‘take appropriate action’ on cases involving Delfin Lee April 6, 2016 The Supreme Court has decided to take action on the plight of thousands of homeowners of subdivisions of Globe Asiatique Realty Holding Corp. (GA) in Pampanga caught in the middle of the legal battle between their developer Delfin Lee and the Home Development Mutual Fund (Pag-IBIG Fund). Read the article…………
- Condo dweller takes VAT issue to Supreme Court (Philippines) February 15, 2016 A RESIDENT of a Makati City condominium on Monday asked the Supreme Court to void a Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) Memorandum Circular imposing the 12-percent value-added tax (VAT) on association dues charged by the condominium building administrators. Read the article………….
- Tenants of shuttered QC building want their stuff back December 27, 2015 THE TENANTS of a condominium in Quezon City which was forcibly taken over by a realty company have gone to court to retrieve their belongings, as the building remained guarded and inaccessible. Armed men of Millgos Security Agency under the employ of Laverne Realty and Development Corp. seized Kaimo Building at 101 Quezon Ave. in October. Read the article………..
- Divisoria condo fire reaches 5th alarm December 20, 2015 The fire that razed a commercial and residential condominium building in Divisoria, Manila on Sunday afternoon, reached fifth alarm. Read the article………
Philippines Condo & HOA Articles
- Homeowners’ group can declare non-paying member delinquent Dear PAO, I am one of the officers of our homeowners’ association. Lately, there are members who refuse to pay the association dues, yet they still demand their right as a member. We could only guess that their refusal to pay the dues is because they failed to win in the recent election of officers of the association. May I know what action can we take against them? Read the Q&A…………..
- Facts about condo buying in the Philippines I’ve run into a few people recently who have asked me if people from Guam can buy a condo in the Philippines. The answer is yes, Guamanians can buy condos in the Philippines because Philippine law allows for foreigners, or non-Filipino citizens, to own condominiums. Read the article………….
- ‘Common areas’ ownership key to foreigner being allowed to buy condo unit in PH Dear PAO, I am a British subject, but I have permanent residency in the Philippines. My wife is a Filipina, and she has dual citizenship. I am working in a company based here, and I want to buy a condo unit where my family can stay. Is it possible for us to purchase a condo unit? Johannes Read the article…………
- For Pet Lovers: 6 Condo Pet Policies You Should Know Living in a condominium has become one of the top choices most people have. Who wouldn’t, when you got to live a satisfying lifestyle? Right? Renting or owning a condo unit can be one’s fulfillment of their dreams. After all, you can definitely enjoy the ammenities that are available for your use. However, for pet lovers, living in a condo might be challenging on their end, since not all condos are pet-friendly. Read the article………….
- Can foreigners own or have interests in Philippine condos? Ownership of land in the Philippines is regulated by the 1987 Constitution and the Public Land Act, among others. The Constitution provides that except in cases of hereditary succession, only those individuals, corporations and associations allowed to acquire or hold lands in the public domain can acquire private lands. Read the article………..