Going Too Far Down the Rabbit Hole: How Our National Political Discourse Parallels Our Community Association Discourse

It’s hard right now to turn away from the 24/7 news cycle and its discord, rancor and heated rhetoric. When we spend the majority of our time discussing just 20% of the topics which concern us, we cannot commit time or energy to the other 80% which also demands our attention. It’s not surprising that the same prioritization pressure occurs in private residential communities. How often has a board or membership meeting been monopolized by the concerns of one very vocal owner? That owner may very well have legitimate concerns but that still does not justify how some communities seem to be the equivalent of the tail wagging the dog.   Read the article…………….


Related Articles

General Contractors: Make sure you have a Subcontractor Exception to the Your Work Exclusion in your CGL Policy

Do you know what your CGL insurance policy covers? General contractors may expect that their CGL policy covers the cost

Pudlit Revisited: Caution is Recommended for All, Including Condominium Associations

Pudlit…has made the collection of assessments a larger challenge against parties that buy property at mortgage foreclosure sales

Rule Skirting and How to Avoid it in Your HOA

Let’s be honest – every HOA struggles with residents who skirt the rules. Sometimes it’s a one-time thing, and other