Queensland developers demand NSW-style forced sales of strata units

Queensland’s developers want a NSW-style “forced sales” regulation – where a majority of strata owners can compel a minority to sell their units for redevelopment – brought in as part of a general revamp of strata law in the state.  NSW’s new strata laws, due to come in on November 30, include provisions whereby 75 per cent of owners in a strata block can force the other 25 per cent to sell the building for redevelopment.   Read the article……………..


Related Articles

Macquarie Bank, CoreLogic push into growing strata management game

The increasing size and demands are pushing the existing players in an industry that developed around accounting practices such as

Sydney mum threatened with $550 fine for noisy toddler in strata apartment

the strata company says it has received reports from her neighbours of “shouting and screaming”, disturbing other residents and putting her in breach of the strata scheme by-laws.

How to fight back against bullies in strata apartment blocks

We know all about school bullies, workplace bullies and cyber bullies, but what about strata bullies making residents’ lives miserable