Torch on roofing early cause of Big White condo fire

It appears a fire that destroyed four or five units in a condominium at Big White on Wednesday was caused by workers performing renovations on the building, including using a technique known as torch on roofing.  Big White Fire Chief Jamie Svendsen says his department is still investigating but early signs point to the roofing work as the place where the fire began at the Monashee Inn, which is located next to the Big White Fire Department.     Read the article……………..


Related Articles

Smoker claims strata’s ban violates her human rights (BC)

According to a decision posted on the tribunal’s website, Gisele Dandurand claims the smoking ban amounts to discrimination on the basis of a mental disability.

Condo Smarts: Deadbeat strata council

Dear Tony: Our strata council has not had a meeting nor provided us with any financial information for over six

Generous developer comes to the aid of ‘screwed’ condo buyers

You take risks when you’re in business. But usually as an individual you’re not looking to take a risk when you buy a home. So that’s why we felt a little more compelled to deal with those individuals differently.