Smoking caused Langley City condominium fire: fire chief

The Dec. 13 fire that left more than 100 people homeless in Langley City was the result of smoking, City fire chief Rory Thompson said in an email to City council members.  “We have concluded our investigation which was conducted with the insurance company investigators,” the Thompson email said.  “We have determined that the cause of the fire was the result of the disposal of smoking materials on a 4th floor balcony.”  Read the article……………


Related Articles

Firefighters extinguish Spadina-Richmond condo fire (ON)

Toronto firefighters managed to put out a fire on an upper floor of a condominium building near a major downtown

Port Coquitlam (BC) couple must sell their condo after lengthy legal battle with their strata council: Appeal court

A Port Coquitlam couple will have to sell their condo after being found in contempt of court following a protracted

Alteration of common property such as satellite dish in townhomes

Dear Tony: Are we, as owners of a strata unit, permitted to install satellite dishes for the use of our