Start date for new NSW strata laws set – but defects bond on hold (Australia)

It’s on! The state’s much-anticipated and long-overdue strata reforms have a definite start date.  November 30 is the big day so it’s an early Christmas present for some apartment residents – although some of the “gifts” may be less than gratefully received.  Among more than 90 changes to strata legislation, the most controversial means that 75 per cent of owners in apartment blocks will be able to sell the entire building to developers, regardless of objections from the other 25 per cent.     Read the article…………..


Related Articles

New Model for Discrimination Analysis in Homeowners Associations?—Recent Supreme Court Decision May Affect the Way Homeowners Associations Make Decisions

The Fair Housing Act (“FHA”) prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or familial status. For

Reston’s Shadowood condominiums make new Va. case law, can’t impose fees on rule violators

The Shadowood condominium complex, on South Lakes Drive in Reston, has been ordered to stop charging fees for rules violations

Reductions in Property Value Due to the Presence of Construction Defects

Last month the Oregon Supreme Court recognized and seemingly affirmed a strategy to reduce taxable property value due to the