50 views 50 sec 0 Comment

Does Your Condominium Association or HOA Need to Update its Articles of Incorporation? (MI)

/ Owner - April 5, 2022

The vast majority of Michigan condominium and homeowners associations are formed as Michigan nonprofit corporations under the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act, MCL 450.2101, et seq. In order to create a Michigan nonprofit corporation, such as a condominium or homeowners association, a developer is required to file the articles of incorporation with the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (“LARA”). Similar to other community association governing documents, such as declarations, HOA bylaws, or master deeds, changes in technology and the law, such as the 2015 amendments to the Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Act, necessitate amendments to the articles of incorporation.    Read the entire article……………………………….

Comments are closed.