162 views 49 sec 0 Comment

How to Fix the Roads in your Condo or HOA: Increase Assessments or A Special Assessment District? (MI)

/ Owner - February 17, 2024

The majority of new residential condominium and subdivision developments in the State of Michigan are established with private roads. When a new condominium project or subdivision is established with private roads, the roads are typically identified as a “common element” or a “common area” and are owned collectively by all members of the applicable condominium or homeowners association. When roads are private, the responsibility for the costs of maintenance, repair, and replacement of the roads typically lies with the condominium or subdivision association and is paid for out of assessments that are levied against the members.     Read the article…………………………….

Comments are closed.