45 views 43 sec 0 Comment

Who pays for condominium unit damage? (AB)

/ Owner - May 6, 2020

Here’s a common event in Alberta condominiums: A water pipe bursts in one unit, causing water to leak into several other units. Each unit suffers significant damage and the Condominium Board becomes involved with the repairs. The Board makes an insurance claim and pays the insurance deductible, which may be tens of thousands of dollars.  This leads to an important question: Who is responsible for the deductible? The condominium as a whole or the owner of the unit where the damage originated?    Read the article………………………….

Comments are closed.