38 views 59 sec 0 Comment

The Accidental Employee

/ Owner - February 23, 2017

Many homeowner associations employ hired help to perform various functions for the association (e.g., management, maintenance, landscaping, bookkeeping, etc.). Associations may also need outside expertise when undertaking special projects or construction work. This help may take the form “contractors” or “consultants” to perform work for the association on a short term or as needed basis. Usually, such outside help is intended by the association to perform work as “independent contractors” rather than actual employees of the association. However, what associations rarely realize is that they must be very careful because they may end up with “employees” (at least in the eyes of the IRS) on their payroll whether they intended such an arrangement or not.    Read the article………….

Comments are closed.